Sunday, September 27, 2009

Gig 'em, Aggies!!

Recently, I acquired free tickets to an Aggie game. I knew Britni had wanted to go and sadly Kylie was working. I called Britni and she was so excited to have the chance. We left her house last Saturday morning at 5:45 a.m. as we wanted to get there early enough to hit ALL of the tent sales!! :) We arrived in College Station a little after 9 and hit the C.C. Creations tent sale. After that we headed down Texas Ave. to Kolache Rolf's for breakfast.



This place has the BEST kolache's. The bread absolutely melts in your mouth!!

We hit another couple of tent sales then we needed to run into Target. You know the granddaughter's birthday is coming up and I am on the hunt for some things in particular. By then it was lunch time so you know I had to go to my all time favorite - Raising Cane's Chicken Fingers. I am telling you I love that place.



A little side note - we are going to visit Austin this weekend and they have a Raising Cane's in Lubbock!!! Oh yeah!!

Then we headed to the mall. I needed a new Aggie Mom sticker for my new car and Britni had a couple of things she was looking for. We then headed to Toys R Us for more birthday shopping. After that we headed to Kyle Field. Before the game we went to the former student building to get a sticker for Kylie. They had done some remodeling there and had added a huge replica of the coveted Aggie ring. It was awesome.






We had super seats for the game. After the playing of the National Anthem, they have a flyover and I have to fight the tears every time. Most of the time at least one of the pilots is a former Aggie student.





The 12th man. If you don't know about the 12th man check out this site. http://aggietraditions.tamu.edu/12thman.shtml



And the Fightin' Texas Aggie Band!!



Afterwords we stopped by another one of my favorites, Freebirds, for a "snack" for the trip home. They also have one of these in Lubbock!! :)



We had an awesome time and the Aggies won. Gig 'em, Aggies!!

No comments: