Saturday, October 11, 2014

Happy 1st Birthday, Hadley!!!

On Saturday, October 11th I attended a tea party for little Miss Hadley's first birthday.  


I love this picture!!  Just wished I hadn't cut off Kylie's head!




Steven really was at the party, but this is the only shot I have of him!!   Sorry, Steven!!!


Kylie decided on a tea party theme and it turned out absolutely precious!!!  I went down on Friday to help do some baking and to help finish getting ready for the party.  Kylie had already started decorating.  She used teapots and tea cups borrowed from Aunt Ann to decorate as well as my mother's china teacups and a little china tea set that we gave to Kylie when she was a little girl.  She also used some doilies that were crocheted by my mother and my grandmother.  I thought this was an especially sweet touch that the china and the doilies belonged to Hadley's great-grandmother and great-great-grandmother.


Tea pots and tea cups borrowed from Aunt Ann


Tea cups that belonged to Hadley's great-grandmother, Ileta Rainey.


A couple of Kylie's tea sets from when she was a little girl


A couple of tea sets borrowed from cousin, Rainey



I made the smash cake and cupcakes and Kylie decorated them.  She did a great job on the rosette icing.  So cute!!!!!  I also made tea bag shaped shortbread and dipped them in chocolate as part of the party favors.  Kylie had found some little tags that we tied onto the cookies to look like tea bags.




Kylie also served chicken salad and tuna sandwiches, fruit and veggies for the older guests and heart shaped peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for the little guests along with water, pink lemonade and tea - of course.



Crocheted doilies made by Hadley's great-grandmother, Ileta Rainey and her great-great-grandmother, Hessie Ellis.




Kylie wanted bow ties and pearls for the guests so I volunteered to make the bow ties.  The little guys looked so adorable in their little bow ties!!!





Aren't they so cute!!!


Best friends from the neighborhood!!


Noah finally put on a bowtie and let me take his pic!!


Hadley ate cake and then opened her gifts with help from her big brother, Harrison.





The guests ate, played and visited.  Hadley and Harrison's little friends are so cute.  I think it was a great party.  Kylie did an amazing job of planning and pulling it all together!











My handsome Chandler!!

I think Kinsler had been missing Uncle Austin!!


Hadley,

I can't believe you are one!!!  What is happening to the time??  You are so precious, baby girl and I love you so much!!  Happy Birthday!!  Granna

No comments: