Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Father's Day recognition continued

Robert coached for many years so he was gone a lot. When he would get home in the evening the kids would run to the door squealing- Daddy's home. They always acted like the king had come!! He was always good to help when the kids were little. He bathed them and then read them books as he put them to bed. He always had these goofy words that he would say to them before he left the room. Britni was Punkin' Doodle, Kylie was Princess and Austin was Little Buddy. Robert would say things like- Are you my sweetie pies? My punkin doodle? Honey Pot? etc. If he tried to leave the room without saying them- they would say - Daddy, say those words. My mother passed away suddenly when Austin was 3 weeks old. Britni started kindergarten that year and I had the worst group of freshmen ever so Robert pretty much had to take over while I was trying to get hold of myself and get through the grieving process. I think the kids ate cinnamon toast for breakfast every morning for a year.

Always the sweetie pie.



Dressed for Halloween. This un-nerved Britni. She got under their bed and wouldn't come out because it scared her so bad. As you can see it didn't bother Kylie one bit. I guess this should have been a sign of her career choice in nursing. :)



Chip off the old block!!



Robert's dad, Bob (or better known as Gunda to the grandkids) was a great dad and grandad. He passed away several years ago. Gunda always had time to play with the kids or pull them around in the trailer . . .



. . . or to dance a little jig.



I hope all of you had/have great experiences and fond memories of time spent with the precious men we call Dad.

No comments: